Sunday, 31 July 2016

Sunday Snippets - 31st July 2016

It’s been an exciting week in the Cole household, with the second of our two weddings this summer. I tried to keep the rest of the week as quiet as possible, so I could save my energy for Friday, but it didn’t quite work out as I’d planned unfortunately. I’m now feeling rather wiped out and drained, but that was to be expected so it hasn’t come as a surprise. I’m hoping over the next few weeks I can try and relax a bit and just get back into a semi-normal routine!

Last Sunday I got up fairly late and still felt really sleepy. After getting my breakfast and sorting out my medications for the week ahead, I spent the rest of the morning watching The Simpsons and writing a blog post. I had a few ideas of what I wanted to get done during the afternoon, but as it wasn’t too warm I decided to stay up in my bedroom and get some more work done on my computer. So I uploaded a new video over on my YouTube channel, edited a whole load of photos that I’ve been meaning to do for months and then uploaded some of them onto my Facebook. It took me what felt like forever, so by the time I was done I was feeling absolutely exhausted. I managed to find a bit of energy to open this lovely parcel from my friend Lissa, who is being very naughty and treating me to some lovely surprises.  

We took Freddie out in the garden on Monday, and as it was quite hot we popped the sprinkler on for a couple of minutes. He absolutely loved it, and I thought this photo of Bekkah cuddling him up in a towel was rather cute.

I got up later than I’d planned on Monday morning, which seems to be the story of my life these days! I made myself a little to-do list on this cute sticky note for which videos I wanted to film. While I’m talking about it, if there are any videos you would like to see I’d really love to hear your ideas and suggestions! I managed to get two videos filmed in the end – I think my list of five was a bit ambitious. In the afternoon I spent some time filming the cutaways for the videos, which took quite a lot of time and energy. I then popped out with my Mum in the car, as she had a few errands to run, so I decided to do some Pok√©mon hunting. Not that I did very well. I’m a bit bored of seeing the same ones – I want to catch some new ones!

Tuesday morning I had a phone call from one of the arrhythmia nurses to sort out getting some more medication for my POTS. Annoyingly, I have to go all the way up to London to pick my medication up from the hospital, so I’m going to have a chat with my GP to see if there’s any way she could prescribe it. I spent the morning doing some tidying in my bedroom. No matter how much I tidy, more mess seems to appear! After lunch my Dad took me to an appointment with a charity who offer support to people with mental health problems. On the way home we popped into the dentist to make me an appointment for a check-up. When I got home I found this Polaroid camera had arrived that I’ve been sent by a brand for a blog project I’m going to do, so that’s quite exciting.

I took this photo when I was filming on Monday. I’m not really sure if I like it, but I’m trying to challenge myself to post photos of myself even if I don’t feel comfortable with them.

I woke up quite early on Wednesday morning for some reason, so tried to enjoy just being able to snuggle in my bed. At around 11am my friend Katrina came and picked me up. We went to Starbucks – I was really excited to try their new Iced Shaken Blackberry Mojito Tea Lemonade, but was disappointed to see they were out of stock of that and also a lot of other drinks. I was hoping they might bring back their Chocolate Coconut Frappuccino this year, but it doesn’t look like they are. So I ended up having a Raspberry Blackcurrant Blended Juice instead. We sat and chatted for a while about weddings, jobs and all sorts of other things, which was lovely. I came home and spent a while doing some blogging. My Mum and I then went to the Post Office as I had a parcel to send.

On Thursday I woke up not feeling too great, so tried to take it easy. I got my hair washed then just chilled out on the sofa for a while. In the afternoon my Mum dropped Bekkah and I off at my friend Katy’s house, and I did some work on my laptop while Bekkah had her nails done. She then went home and I had my nails done. I’m so happy with how pretty they look. I did some more bits on my laptop while my Mum had hers done. We popped into Waitrose on our way home, and then I rested on the sofa. We all had a family meal in the evening with both of my brothers and Emma, which was lovely. Unfortunately I didn’t feel good at all in the evening – very hot, clammy, tired and sick.

Friday definitely didn’t start as I’d hoped it would. Unfortunately I woke up feeling really poorly – every time I tried to stand up I could feel everything drain from my head and my vision went black. I kept going cold and clammy, and ended up having to lie on my bathroom floor while my Mum attempted to get some orange juice down me. Thankfully I got to a point where I was able to stand up without fainting, and I went round to Lisa’s parents’ house to get ready with the other bridesmaids. I started feeling unwell again, so had a nap while the others were having their hair done, and that seemed to help. Lisa spoilt us with a cute mug, beautiful bracelet and earrings. The rest of the day was really lovely. Lisa looked absolutely beautiful and Richard scrubbed up pretty well too! The church service was amazing with some great worship songs. The weather held out for us to take some gorgeous photos in the grounds of Cantley House and the reception was fantastic and so full of love. I’m so thankful my health picked up enough for me to be part of such a special day and feel incredibly lucky to have gained another sister. There will be a few more photos and possibly a video to follow.

I slept pretty well on Friday night thankfully, which is no surprise considering how shattered I was! We all went down to the restaurant and had breakfast together, before packing everything up and heading home. I unpacked my suitcase then went to pick the cats up from the cattery (my Dad had already collected the very excitable dogs!) I rested for a while, then we went round to Lisa’s parents’ house for a family BBQ. It was nice to just relax a bit and have a proper chat with people. We had all the wedding flowers on the tables and around the garden, which looked really pretty. I was feeling really exhausted though, so my Mum brought me home and I ended up sleeping from around 4pm until 7.30pm. I definitely needed the sleep!

If you haven’t read my blog before, I just wanted to let you know that I have a second blog, which mainly focuses on my health in more depth than I talk about it here. It’s largely for friends and family to follow and keep up with what’s going on, but if it’s something you would be interested in reading as well, you are more than welcome to follow me over there. It’s called ‘Zebra Crossing’ and you can find it by clicking here. I’m trying to keep it updated fairly regularly, so hopefully there will be something there for you to read!

You can also check out my YouTube channel here, where I have recently uploaded a few new videos (and hope to continue doing!)

I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment