Sunday, 5 February 2017

Sunday Snippets - 5th February 2017

It’s been a fairly busy week, but with some good bits too, rather than just university and medical appointments. I’ve been trying to rest whenever I can, as I’ve got my work experience next week and I’m conscious that I need all the energy I can find. I’m feeling quite anxious about it if I’m honest. I’m excited to get some experience and see what it’s like to work for a local newspaper, but it’s going to mean very early mornings and super long days, which I know is going to be tough on my health. So any positive thoughts would be much appreciated!

I got up fairly late last Sunday and sorted out my medication for the week ahead. I spent the rest of the morning watching The Simpsons and writing my Sunday Snippets blog post. I had hoped to get another post written but I felt too tired by the time I’d finished the first one. So I curled up on the sofa and watched a film called Epic, which was on the TV. My friend Sarah had made an unexpected visit to her parents’ (who live over the road from me) so I went over to have a catch up with her, and a cuddle with little Charlie. He’s grown so much! It was lovely to see them both and it definitely made my Sunday. I came home after about an hour, finally watched the last episode of The A Word and did some paperwork. We had a family dinner with my Grandma, but as the evening went on I felt so sick. Every time I moved it made it worse. Having Gastroparesis is really not fun.

I had a bit of a lie in on Monday morning, which was nice. Once I’d had some breakfast, I made a phone call to try and sort out a couple of hospital appointments. I then spent the morning analyzing a news programme for my Uni assignment, which seemed to take forever. Now I just need to write the essay! I was wiped out after that, so curled up on the sofa, watched some TV and did some paperwork. I then put on an episode of Silent Witness and wrote my February cards. I’ve been feeling quite stressed and anxious recently, so decided to have a Lush bubble bath to try and relax a bit.

I was up fairly early on Tuesday morning and my Dad took me over to Uni. A few of us had been trying to contact our lecturer, as he’d mentioned last week that we only needed to be in for our tutorials. But unfortunately he didn’t get back to us. So my Dad said he would wait around until we knew what was happening. Luckily, my tutorial was first, so I asked my Dad to wait. The actual tutorial went really well. I found out I got a First in my portfolio from last term, which was a bit of a shock in itself. But he then said that my pieces were good enough to be published professionally, in something like The Guardian, which surprised me even more! As I didn’t have to be in Uni for the rest of the day, my Dad offered to take me to a mobility showroom to look at electric wheelchairs. The guy there was really helpful, and we managed to find a chair that seems to meet my needs. Now I need to find just under £2500 for it, although we’re going to look into second hand models too. We came home and I rested for a while. I put on an episode of Silent Witness and spent the afternoon going through my emails.

I overslept on Wednesday morning, so everything was a bit of a rush. I had to go to the Dentist for a check-up, but thankfully I made it there on time. My teeth were all good, and she made an impression of my bottom teeth so she can make a mouth guard for me. I’m hoping it will help my TMJ, but as it’s related to my Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome we’re not sure. I came home and spent the rest of the morning editing some photos for my blog. Most of my afternoon was taken up with writing a blog post about my Winter Skincare Saviours. It’s quite a long post, so it took ages to write, but I’m glad it’s up now. I was shattered afterwards, so curled up on the sofa and watched a bit of TV. I also opened some post – a book from a swap I did with my friend Emma and a lovely parcel from my friend Lissa.

On Thursday I had quite a busy morning doing some work for an article I’m writing for our local magazine. My Dad and I went down to Café 46 so I could do some interviews with the managers of the café and charity shop and the vicar. I think they went well and I’ve got loads of information for my article. I didn’t feel great when I got home, so rested on the sofa for a bit. After lunch, my Mum took me over to my friend Katy’s and I had a lovely relaxing facial. We went into Waitrose on the way home and I found this pink dinosaur biscuit, which is so cute! I can’t eat it sadly, but it still made me smile. I did a bit of Uni work when I got home, but was feeling really strange. I had a funny headache, felt faint and was struggling to breathe. It probably sounds stupid because I’ve been ill for so long, but sometimes I get really scared by my symptoms. It’s tough feeling so out of control, and when I’m finding breathing difficult it can be pretty scary.

I somehow managed to get to Uni on time on Friday, after oversleeping by a lot! We had to do our viva voce during our morning lecture. I had mine at 10am – my mouth went so dry and I think I probably rambled on, but fingers crossed it went OK. The rest of the morning was spent working on some initial bits for our dissertation, which is ridiculously scary! At lunchtime I met up with my mentor and had a good chat about how my week has been. She also helped to settle my nerves a bit about work experience. In the afternoon we had our Law lecture. We talked about the law surrounding posting on the Internet and then did some practice exam questions. I was exhausted when I got home, so had a bit of a sleep on the sofa. I opened a parcel from ASOS when I woke up. I decided I needed some smart shoes for work experience and then I saw these pink loafers - I’m a little bit in love with them!

The February Crown and Glory photo challenge is here! Week 1 is ‘Unboxing’. How pretty is this month’s Valentine’s themed box!

On Saturday morning I had a lovely lie in, which was definitely what I needed. I took things pretty slowly for a while, and then sorted out my Good Things Jar for this year by adding my January bits. I started to do some tidying in my room and watched a bit of TV. My Mum and I went out to the pet shop to get some new bird feeders and food so we can start feeding the birds again. We then popped into Waitrose on our way home to try and get ingredients to make roasted Mediterranean vegetable lasagna. Unfortunately there’s a shortage of a lot of those vegetables though, so we had to substitute some of the ingredients. When we got home I finished sorting out my beauty and skincare bits in my bedroom, and then relaxed with a cup of tea.

You can check out my YouTube channel here, where I have recently uploaded a few new videos (and hope to continue doing!)

I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

If you don’t already, please give me a follow on Bloglovin here - I would love to reach 800 followers, and do have a little giveaway planned for when I get there!

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment