Sunday, 26 February 2017

Sunday Snippets - 26th February 2017

This week has been hard work. I’m still not well and it’s been going on for two weeks now, which is completely wiping me out. Unfortunately, I haven’t really had any time to rest properly, so I’m guessing that isn’t helping me to get better. I’m wondering whether I should take a couple of days off Uni tomorrow and Tuesday to be honest. I hate taking time off, but if I don’t start shifting this virus soon I’m just going to end up worse than I did to start with.

I went to church with my Mum and Dad last Sunday morning, but I found it a real struggle because I felt so unwell and exhausted. When I got home I sorted out my medication for the week ahead and had a bit of lunch. I then popped The Simpsons on and did some blogging. Once I’d got my post up, I watched some videos on YouTube and finished writing my Uni essay. I also caught up with my Uni emails and a few of my blog ones. The rest of the family came over and we did my Mum’s birthday cake and she opened her presents. We all then went to The New Inn for her birthday meal, which was nice but my breathing was really bad and was getting quite scary.

I love these tulips that I’ve got in my room at the moment. Spring is on its way!

I’ve been a bit rubbish with the Crown and Glory weekly photo challenge (surprise surprise!) but Week 2 is ‘New Fave.’ This sparkly heart came in this month’s box and is perfect for a Valentine’s theme. Plus, who can say no to a bit of glitter?!

My Dad took me over to Uni on Monday morning, which to be honest was the last place I wanted to be feeling like I was. We were doing about radio, so had to record interviews with each other on the phone in the studio. Once we’d got our interview, we had to edit a clip from it and then write a link into it. At lunchtime I went to the canteen with the other girls for a bit of a break. In the afternoon we had to choose another story, write a voice-piece that a reporter would say and then record it ourselves in the studio. I was so glad when my Dad came to pick me up and bring me home – I was feeling so unwell. As soon as I got back I curled up on the sofa and had a bit of a nap, as I seem to have even less energy than I normally do at the moment. These two DVDs arrived in the post – I haven’t seen either of them and thought it might be nice to watch them with a friend at some point.

I overslept on Tuesday morning but somehow managed to get to Uni on time. I had a meeting with the Disability Advisor first thing and we talked through my access arrangements for my exam in April. Then I went to my morning lecture, where we were doing about descriptive writing. After my lecture I met up with my mentor. It had been quite a few weeks since we last caught up, so there were quite a few bits to talk about. My Dad brought me home and I spent the afternoon resting on the sofa, as I was still feeling pretty poorly. I wrote a couple of penpal letters and watched some TV. Little Freddie sat next to me – he looks so cute with his ears back when he’s feeling sleepy. In the evening, my friend Sam picked me up and we went round to our friend, Helen’s, for a cuppa and a catch up, which was lovely. Unfortunately when I got home I was feeling so sick. My nausea has been much worse recently, but on Tuesday it was just too much.

I had planned to get up at a reasonable time on Wednesday morning, but that didn’t happen. I’m just feeling so tired and this virus is wiping me out, so I guess the extra sleep was what I needed. I spent the morning starting to transcribe some interviews from an article I was writing, which is always a lengthy process. After I’d had my Fortisip, my Mum and I drove over to Henry Street Garden Centre and met my friend Sarah, baby Charlie and Sarah’s Mum. We went to the cafĂ© for a chat and cup of tea, and I nibbled on some cake but my nausea was still really bad so I had to bring most of it home. We had a quick look round afterwards, and then we headed home. I felt pretty wiped out, so rested on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon.

Week 3 of the Crown and Glory February photo challenge is ‘Something you Love.’ Although I love Disney Tsum Tsums, this photo actually represents the fact that I love Disney – anything Disney!

I was up fairly early on Thursday morning and my Dad drove me over to Frimley Park Hospital to see my jaw physio. We went through a couple of my exercises and then she tried some acupuncture with me. I’ve had it before but never on my face, so that felt a bit scary to begin with! We had some time to kill afterwards, so popped into Costa Coffee for a hot drink to warm us up. It was so windy and blooming freezing! We then made our way over to the Skoda dealership and I test-drove the Yeti. It was a really nice drive – much better than I’d expected. After that we went across the road to the Peugeot garage and spoke to a really helpful man about what we’re looking for. He rang the adaptations company and found out that the chair we’re looking at won’t fit in the 2008 SUV (which we were looking at) or the Yeti. It’s frustrating, but at least we’ve finally got a definitive answer. So we’re going to go back to the wheelchair showroom and see what other options we have and if there’s anything smaller. We came home and I crashed out on the sofa for quite a while. I then finished my transcription and started writing my article. My Mum and I popped to Waitrose and I picked up a new tea to try. I was also sent a True Tea Club box to review on my blog, so I’m excited to see what’s inside.

I woke up on Friday morning feeling so sleepy. I’m not sleeping that well at the moment (well, I don’t ever sleep well, but it’s been worse than usual) possibly because of this sinus infection/virus thing. My Dad took me over to Uni and handed me over to my support worker. Our morning lecture was actually really important, as it was all about our dissertation proposal. But I just could not stay awake! My eyes kept closing and I could feel myself nodding off, so I spent the whole morning trying to make myself listen and keep my eyes open. At lunchtime I went for a good old Starbucks catch up with my friends Shanae, Ife and Zeena, which was lovely. I can’t believe we hadn’t been since before Christmas! I tried the brioche toast, which was nice, and had a gingerbread decaf latte made with coconut milk. Last spring they did a rose and pistachio drink, which was amazing, and I’m keeping everything crossed it might make a reappearance (along with their spring cups!) In the afternoon I was able to stay awake during our law lecture thankfully. My Dad brought me home, and I fell straight to sleep on the sofa for a while.

I felt pretty rubbish when I woke up on Saturday morning. I had hoped to get up earlier, but it wasn’t happening! Once I’d got myself up and ready, I watched a bit of TV and did some work to an article I was writing. We found next-door’s cat on our roof, chatting to Jaffa, which was really sweet. My friend, Katrina, picked me up with her Mum, Auntie and some of her other bridesmaids around lunchtime, and we went down to Winchester to the wedding dress shop. Katrina tried her dress on first, and then us bridesmaids tried on lots of different dresses until we found the one! All very exciting. We all went back to Katrina’s afterwards and chatted for a while. My Mum picked me up and brought me home, and I finished off my article before having a cup of tea and watching Saturday Night Takeaway.

You can check out my YouTube channel here, where I have recently uploaded a few new videos (and hope to continue doing!)

I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

If you don’t already, please give me a follow on Bloglovin here - I would love to reach 800 followers and we’re so nearly there! I do have a little giveaway planned for when I get there!

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature


  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your nasty virus - hopefully you manage to kick it off this week! I was unwell with one in the first half of the week, and spent three days just in my bed willing it to go away. Sometimes I think all you can do is rest, otherwise things get worse, even if it's really frustrating

    Steph -

    1. Thank you lovely - after nearly a month it finally seems to be going! Sorry to hear you were unwell with one too - I hope you're feeling a bit better from it now. Totally agree - sometimes resting is the best thing :) xx

  2. Omg, I love the Tsum Tsum collection you have! I also absolutely love Rekorderlig cider, I wish it wasn't so expensive near me. :( #studentproblems. Also your cat is adorable, I miss having a pet in my life since leaving for university.

    1. Ah thank you - I'm excited to hopefully keep adding to it! That's a shame that it's so expensive near you :( I only really have it as a treat to be honest. Ah yes, I can relate to student problems hehe! Thank you - I know I'm biased, but I do think he's rather gorgeous! Ah I know what you mean - when I've been away from home before I've really missed my pets so much xx