Sunday, 27 November 2016

Sunday Snippets - 27th November 2016

I’ve spent most of the last week trying to recover from a rather nasty cold/flu bug. I’m definitely feeling better than I was this time last week, but still not great, as it seems to be hanging around. I would say I’m counting down the days until I break up for Christmas, but in reality I’m trying not to focus on it too much. I’ve got a lot of deadlines to meet, as well as actually preparing for Christmas, so the fact I only have three weeks left at Uni is slightly scary! Still, it will be nice to have a few weeks off to spend time with my family.

After a nice lie-in last Sunday, I woke up feeling really poorly. The dreaded lurgy had definitely hit me! I managed to take some photos for a blog post once I was up and dressed. Then my Aunt and Uncle came over to drop my Grandma round, so I spent some time chatting to them and looking at photos of my new second cousin, who is very cute. I can’t wait to meet him! After they’d gone, I got my Fortisip and spent a bit of time writing and uploading a blog post. In the afternoon I snuggled up on the sofa, feeling pretty yucky, and worked on my Uni essay whilst watching The Aristocats. It doesn’t feel like Sunday these days without a good film on the TV! My brother, David, and sister-in-law, Emma, came over and we had a family dinner together, which was nice.

I was still feeling pretty unwell on Monday, so called in sick to Uni. It’s a pretty massive step for me if I’m honest, as I spend most of my life pushing myself to the point of making myself more ill. I know it probably sounds like quite a little thing, but it’s a step in the right direction. After having another lie-in I took things quite slowly, but managed to edit some photos and get a blog post up in the morning. In the afternoon I snuggled under a blanket with Freddie and caught up on The Missing. I then put Family Guy on and finally finished my Uni essay. There’s still lots of other bits to do, but it’s a big job ticked off the list.

I decided to go into Uni on Tuesday, as it was a newsday and I needed it signing off. But I was still feeling pretty poorly and probably should have still been resting at home. We all chatted about story ideas, and myself and my friend Emma decided to focus on how chocolate products are shrinking but staying at the same price. We did some research then headed into town to buy chocolate, and lots of it! My GP rang to talk about a couple of things. She’s going to write to my POTS specialist to see if he can give some more advice, as I’m already drinking as much as I can and can’t see how I can add more salt to my diet. She also told me that my QT interval on my ECG has increased, which is why she wants to monitor me more closely. After lunch, Emma and I had to go back out to town to try and get some interviews with the public about their reactions to two different Toblerone bars – the old style and the new style. We then went back to Uni to download the footage off our camera. My Dad picked me up and brought me home, where I crashed out on the sofa for the rest of the evening. My order of Christmas wrapping bits and bobs arrived from Paperchase and it also included these cute stickers. I particularly love the Mr Men ones!

I managed to oversleep on Wednesday morning so things were a real rush. Thankfully when I got to my friend’s house her last client was still there, so I could sit and wind down a bit. I had my eyebrows done and then had a massage, but I found it harder to relax than normal as I was really struggling to breathe. Afterwards I came home and rested on the sofa for a while. I seemed to be feeling worse again for some reason, so tried to take it easy by watching some TV. My Mum and Dad left to go to Devon for the night, which I felt really anxious about. I spent the afternoon catching up on The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds and sorting some things out for posting. I also wrote a couple of penpal letters. In the evening, my sisters and I chilled out together and watched I’m a Celebrity. Freddie decided he wanted some of my dinner, so sat like this while I ate!

I was up quite early on Thursday morning, as I had to sort out the animals with Rosiie, as my parents weren’t here. After breakfast I had a phone interview with a doctor to help me with an article I’m writing for Uni. I was really nervous about it, but it went really well thankfully. I did a bit of blogging and then went to the hairdressers and had my hair coloured. It was nice to feel pampered for a bit and have a chance to read my book. When I got back, I finished my blogging then curled up on the sofa. The rest of the afternoon was spent doing Uni work. An exciting package arrived – some photo booth props I’ve ordered for Christmas! So hopefully they’ll give us some laughs over the festive period.

I had Uni all day on Friday, so my Dad drove me over to Farnham. Our morning lecture was pretty boring and I really struggled to concentrate, so I ended up browsing through Christmas present ideas for people on my phone! At lunch, I met up with my mentor and we had a good chat about the next few weeks. I’ve got lots of deadlines coming up, as well as a trip to The Houses of Parliament and a News Week, so we talked through how I’m going to cope with it all (or try to anyway!) In the afternoon we had our Law lecture, which I always enjoy. We talked about contempt of court, privacy laws and then did some practice exam questions. My Dad brought me home and I fell asleep on the sofa for a little while. I was struggling a lot mentally, so I settled down for the evening and watched some Christmas Gift Guides, including one from the lovely Talk Becky Talk.

I had a much-needed lie-in on Saturday morning, which was lovely. Although I’ve got loads of Uni work to do, I’ve decided to allow myself one day a week when I don’t work and can focus on other things, as I need a bit of time to myself. So Saturdays tend to be my ‘day off’ so to speak. I had a fairly quiet morning, but popped the TV on and did a bit of tidying in my bedroom. After lunch I curled up on the sofa, watched an episode of The Coroner and wrote some penpal letters. My Mum then took me down to our town’s Christmas Market and light switch on. I wrapped up warm, as sitting in my wheelchair I always feel the cold even more. It was really busy, which I struggle with, but was nice to listen to my Mum sing in the choir, see the Christmas lights and look around the stalls. As much as I love Christmas and getting in the festive spirit, I do find myself getting sad this time of year. It’s just hard seeing happy couples with children everywhere, when I would give anything for a partner and to have my own children. It’s hard to see it ever happening to be honest, but I know I’m very lucky to have such loving friends and family around me. I came home and warmed up with a nice mug of Christmassy Teapigs tea and some trashy TV.

You can check out my YouTube channel here, where I have recently uploaded a few new videos (and hope to continue doing!)

I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

If you don’t already, please give me a follow on Bloglovin here - I would love to reach 800 followers, and do have a little giveaway planned for when I get there!

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature


  1. Oooh these pictures are so festive, I love the little ginger bread stickers! haha. Your posts are always so lovely, keep doing what you do pretty lady! x

    1. They're so cute aren't they! Ah thank you so much Adele xx