Monday, 26 September 2016

Sunday Snippets - 25th September 2016

This week has been a hard one. Uni started back properly and my body is not happy about it! After my first day my throat was sore, my glands were swollen and painful and my body felt like it had been drained from energy. I kind of expected this to happen, but it doesn’t make it any easier to deal with. I must admit I’ve already had a bit of a crisis of confidence, and wondered whether I should be pushing my body this far to go to Uni. But it’s something I have desperately wanted to do from a young age, and I just think if I don’t do it now, then the likelihood is I probably never will. I’m just hoping I will start feeling a bit better soon, so I can actually focus on my work, but also enjoying myself with my friends.

Last Sunday I actually had quite a productive day, well, for a Sunday anyway! After sorting out my medications for the week ahead, I spent some time watching The Simpsons and doing some blogging. I then downloaded a load of photos off my camera, ready to be edited and then used for various blog posts. The last thing I did before heading downstairs for lunch was give my room a quick hoover. In the afternoon I snuggled up on the sofa, binge-watched lots of videos from The Michalaks and set up my diary ready for Uni on Monday. We had quite a gathering for dinner, with my Grandma, Richard, Lisa and Callum (Rosiie’s boyfriend) here. Unfortunately, I felt so poorly, like I was going to be sick and pass out at the same time.

It was my first proper day back at Uni on Monday, so I had to be up early in the morning. My Dad ended up driving me over, as we were running a bit late. Our lecturer chatted to us for a bit, then we went out into Farnham, as he asked us to find an interesting story about a person (which was easier said than done!) I sat with some of my friends at lunch and drank my Fortisip. For some reason I had a really strong craving for something salty, so I don’t know if that was my body trying to make my POTS feel a bit less yucky. In the afternoon we went through the module handbook and talked about what we’ll be doing this year. Thankfully we finished a bit early, so my Dad was able to take me over to the hospital for my Tai Chi group. I wasn’t sure if going was going to be a good idea, as I was absolutely shattered, but it actually just helped me to relax and wind down a bit after quite an intense day. It took us ages to get home because the traffic was awful, so it was lovely to crash out on the sofa with a cup of peppermint tea to try and help my nausea and stomach pain.

I was back at Uni on Tuesday for another long day, which was proving even harder than I thought. When we arrived we found out we were having a news day, so we spent some time researching stories. My group decided to cover the fact that it’s National Cupcake Week. Get Surrey had written a piece with the top eight places for cupcakes in Surrey, and Maison Blanc were at number three. So we headed down to the shop with our camera and did a bit of filming. We decided to buy a few cupcakes to take back – it’s only right that we should give them the taste test after all! We worked through lunch editing our footage and recording voiceovers, so we actually managed to finish a bit early. In the end I had to leave a bit early and not see the final programme, as I felt too unwell. My Dad brought me home and I just crashed out on the sofa. The pain was unreal and it felt like all the energy had been sucked out of me.

I didn’t have University on Wednesday, but unfortunately I couldn’t have much of a lie-in, as I had a counselling session first thing. It went well though and it was good to be able to talk through my frustrations of already struggling with Uni and my health. My Dad brought me home and helped me ring up to sort out my car insurance. I spent the rest of the morning trying to write a blog post, which was easier said than done because I felt so unwell and was finding the pain hard to manage. In the afternoon I curled up on the sofa, popped a couple of episodes of Shetland on and browsed through my blog emails. This little fella curled up with his teddy on his bed next to me. He looked so comfy – sometimes I wish I could be a dog!

I felt pretty awful when I woke up on Thursday morning, so my Dad drove me to my first appointment. It was this Recovery College group I’ve been going to, but thankfully this week was a lot better. I found what we were talking about quite relevant to my situation, which helped I think. I was feeling a little less rough by the time we’d finished, so decided to drive home. When we got home, I rang the DWP to find out why I hadn’t had a reply to a letter I sent in July. It turned out they had no record of receiving it, so God knows where that’s gone! I spent some time resting, watching Family Guy and catching up on emails. My Mum then took me to my friend’s house, where I had a back massage (which was much needed!) Back at home, I spent a while browsing through my Calm book. I’m trying to get more into a holistic view of health with things like meditation and mindfulness, so if anyone has any recommendations for other books/websites/apps etc. I could look into, I’d love to hear them.

I was back at Uni on Friday, so my Mum and Dad took me over, as they were going out afterwards. I was still feeling pretty unwell – my face and jaw have been incredibly painful, and just about everything else hurts. In the morning we had our politics lecture, which was basically an introduction to what we will be doing this year. For lunch, a group of us went to Costa, which was lovely. Then in the afternoon we had our law lecture, which was so interesting. It looks like we’re going to have a lot of work to do this year, but I’m hoping it won’t be too bad if it’s interesting. My Dad picked me up and brought me home. I had to pop to the Doctors to pick up a letter, so my Mum took me down there. We then went next door to Waitrose and I treated myself to these bargain £5 flowers for getting through my first week at Uni.

I woke up really late on Saturday morning feeling absolutely rubbish. My throat and face were hurting and I just felt absolutely exhausted. It was a bit of a rubbish day to be honest, as I really struggled to do anything productive. In the morning I managed to do a bit of blogging, but not as much as I’d have liked. I spent a lot of the afternoon curled up on the sofa watching TV. I did a couple of bits on my laptop for Uni, but felt too unwell to do much. I did open this Blogger Mail from Eucerin, which I’m excited to try. In the evening I had to drive Rosiie and her friend to a party. Thankfully it wasn’t very far away.

You can check out my YouTube channel here, where I have recently uploaded a few new videos (and hope to continue doing!)

I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment