Sunday, 22 May 2016

Sunday Snippets - 22nd May 2016

Thankfully this week has been a lot less crazy than the last few weeks, which I definitely needed as my body is struggling to keep up. Unfortunately I haven’t felt particularly well, and have been having a lot of trouble with pain, as well as my mental health, so it’s not been the easiest of weeks. But I’ve been trying to pace myself a little better, at the same time as trying to catch up with e-mails, letters, Facebook messages, blogging, YouTube and everything else that needs doing! At the moment it just seems that no matter how much I try to catch up and get on top of things, the list of what I need to do never gets any shorter!

Last Sunday I had a bit of a lie-in after not sleeping particularly well, which seems to be a regular occurrence these days for some reason. I spent the morning seeing my friend, Sarah, again and giving her her birthday presents. It was lovely to catch up, as we don’t get to see each other that often now that we live in different counties. I came back home, did my medications for the week ahead (which seemed to take forever!) and played with the dogs in the garden a bit. I spent most of the afternoon blogging, which took longer than usual as I got distracted by a TV programme about elephants, which was pretty awesome but also really sad seeing how many of them get killed for their ivory. I spent my evening watching The Queen’s 90th Birthday party celebrations on TV.

On Monday I woke up with a splitting headache and in a lot of pain, which wasn’t much fun. According to my sleep tracker I woke up at least ten times during the night, so it’s not really surprising that I felt rubbish! I did manage to do a bit of tidying in my bedroom during the morning in between crying because of the pain. It doesn’t look massively different, but I keep reminding myself that every little helps. Around lunchtime my Mum and I popped over to my brother’s fiancĂ©’s Mum’s house to do a bit of planning. How cute is this notebook from Veronica Dearly! We came home early afternoon, and I had planned on doing some work but ended up falling asleep on the sofa for most of the afternoon.

I had a fairly chilled out Tuesday, which was lovely. In the morning my Mum took me to my friend, Katy’s, house and I had a back massage. It was desperately needed as my neck and shoulders especially are so tight and painful – I just wish it lasted longer and I could have them more often! I came home and fell asleep, which definitely wasn’t what I had planned. My afternoon was pretty quiet – I just spent it trying to catch up with some messages and e-mails. I popped to Waitrose with my Mum to get a few bits for dinner and also picked up a prescription from the chemist. I made sure I gave this little lady lots of cuddles when we got home, as it was her 6th birthday.

On Wednesday I had absolutely no plans, which was a lovely feeling. I had planned to get up a bit earlier than usual, but obviously my body had other ideas because I ended up sleeping until quite late. I had a very slow morning just pottering around, and it seemed to take me ages to get myself up and dressed. I spent quite a few hours editing photos and then writing and uploading a blog post, which I was pleased to get done. I opened this lovely note and bracelet from my friend, Lissa, which really brightened my day.

Thursday brought with it an early start for a hospital appointment, although apparently I didn’t get up early enough! The traffic was absolutely awful, so I ended up being a little bit late, but thankfully not too late to be seen. I saw my Neurologist, who said he couldn’t be certain whether I’m having seizures at night and we’ve basically got to wait and see if another seizure is witnessed in the future. He doesn’t agree with what the Pain Doctor has prescribed me and thinks I should try Gabapentin. I’m really not happy to though, after the experience I had with Pregabalin. I’m seeing him again in August, but I just don’t know what to do at the moment. I’m getting conflicting advice from so many different doctors and it’s just impossible to know who to listen to. We came home and I ended up sleeping until lunchtime. I hate feeling so lazy and unproductive, but I just feel so rubbish at the moment. In the afternoon I caught up on a whole load of YouTube videos and also went through all my blogging e-mails that have built up. Freddie fell asleep on the back of the sofa while he was sitting there waiting for my sister to get home, and he just looked so cute!

On Friday I woke up with no real plans, so was just going to have a quiet day doing odd jobs. But I desperately needed some new bras, so my Mum said she would take me over to Marks and Spencer, as they had a money off event happening. We had a browse around and I chose some that I liked the look of, before getting measured to check I was getting the right size (which I wasn’t). We also popped next door to Tesco, as I needed to get something for the hen party in a couple of weeks – thankfully they had exactly what I was looking for! We came home and I dozed on the sofa for a while. I then rang the DVLA and they’re still waiting to hear from my neurologist to say I can drive again, so I’ve asked them to send him the form again, as he said he hasn’t received anything. I spent the afternoon watching YouTube videos and browsing the Internet for ideas for my sister’s birthday. As the weather was nice I went and sat out in the garden for a little while to watch the dogs play.

I didn’t have a great night on Friday night, as I was upset after hearing that a friend I made in hospital a few years ago has passed away. So I ended up waking up quite late on Saturday morning feeling pretty crappy. My pain levels were really high as well, so I spent most of the morning just trying to get myself up and dressed. I eventually managed to edit some photos and write and upload a blog post, which I’ve wanted to get up for a while. After resting for a bit, I went to the chemist with my Mum to get my new pain medication, and we popped into Waitrose as well. When I got home I opened some post, which included these new Nivea products I’ve been sent to blog about, so I’m excited to try them! Keep your eyes peeled for a blog post about them soon!

If you haven’t read my blog before, I just wanted to let you know that I have a second blog, which mainly focuses on my health in more depth than I talk about it here. It’s largely for friends and family to follow and keep up with what’s going on, but if it’s something you would be interested in reading as well, you are more than welcome to follow me over there. It’s called ‘Zebra Crossing’ and you can find it by clicking here. I’m trying to keep it updated fairly regularly, so hopefully there will be something there for you to read!

I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment