Sunday, 27 March 2016

Sunday Snippets - 27th March 2016

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you’re all having a lovely day, enjoying lots of chocolate and spending time with your loved ones. This week has been reasonably relaxed, which is just what I needed after a busy term at university. I think it’s also beginning to feel a bit like spring (she says, as it’s pouring with rain outside!) Our garden is full of pretty daffodils, and I’ve got a vase of beautiful pink tulips in my bedroom. Spring is definitely one of my favourite seasons – it just feels like a fresh start with all the flowers coming out and baby animals being born. I’d really like to go to a farm near us at some point, as they usually have baby animals there that you can hold, which is always cute.

Last Sunday turned out to be a really lovely day. After a fairly quiet morning, my friend Lilli came over. We had a good catch-up and watched Meet the Robinsons (well, I think we talked more than we watched!) while Lilli made this amazing picture out of wool for her Mum’s birthday. My friend Katrina then arrived, and we all chatted lots more. It was lovely, as I don’t get to see Katrina that much as she lives a couple of hours away from me now, but when we meet up it doesn’t feel like there’s been a break at all! And to have Lilli there too was brilliant. It was also very exciting because Katrina gave me this cute card asking me to be her bridesmaid when she gets married in Ireland next year! Of course I said yes, and must admit I got a bit teary eyed! I’m really excited about it – because I will need a ‘carer’ (my Mum or Dad) to travel there with me, we’ve decided to make a family holiday of it and travel around Ireland for a week or so! I’ve never been to Ireland before, but have always wanted to go, so if anyone has any tips on places to visit please let me know! After Lilli and Katrina had gone I relaxed for a bit and did some blogging. We then went out for a family meal for my sister’s birthday.

I didn’t have a great night’s sleep on Sunday night; so on Monday morning getting up was a real struggle. Thankfully I was able to have a quiet morning doing odd jobs and paperwork. I got a letter through from the DVLA, so I was excited as I thought it might finally be my driving license. But it turned out it was yet another medical form to fill in, so that was rather disappointing. In the afternoon we had Family Therapy, which I think went quite well. I then popped to the supermarket with my Mum to a get a couple of bits so I can make my own muesli. I tried out one of these heat pads on my back for the day, as I’m really struggling with pain at the moment. It was nice having constant heat there, although because I have problems with regulating my body temperature I did get a bit hot and flustered at times!

Tuesday started with a very early start (6am to be precise!) as my Mum had to drive me to the hospital for a couple of appointments. First up was physiotherapy, where I was given a couple of new exercises to add to my collection. The first one is to try and strengthen my neck muscles and the second is to try and strengthen the muscles in my legs, as apparently because of my EDS I rely on my ligaments to keep me standing rather than my muscles. Then I had to go to the opposite side of the hospital for my pre-op appointment. It took about an hour and a half, with bloods, ECG, observations and going through all my medications and diagnoses (no mean feat!) By the time we’d finished I was wiped out! I came home and rested for a while. My afternoon was spent watching YouTube videos and catching up on my blogging e-mails (I’d been rather bad and not checked them for over a week – I’ve learnt not to do that again!) A couple of parcels arrived during the day, including one with these cute stickers on – I just love the idea of a post box party!

I had a much more chilled out day on Wednesday thankfully, as I was still exhausted after my appointment on Tuesday. I was meant to have another session of bereavement counselling, but they rang first thing to postpone it, which was probably for the best as I wasn’t really feeling up to it. I had a quiet morning but managed to get a blog post up, which I was happy about. After resting for a bit I helped my Dad give Freddie a bath. Despite loving water, I don’t think he’s a big fan when it’s not on his terms! But he looked so cute cuddled up in the towel afterwards. I then managed to get four penpal letters written, which is great as I have a lot of replies to catch up with.

Thursday was another chilled day, which was lovely. My morning was fairly quiet – I had a lie in, watched Alfie Deyes (Pointless Blog) on This Morning and then took a whole load of photos ready for blog posts. In the afternoon I went to the hairdressers and had my hair dyed. We went a bit brighter this time, which I love – the more red the better as far as I’m concerned! I also have a plan of something I’d like to do with my hair, but I’m going to wait until after the weddings this summer in case it doesn’t turn out right. My Mum and I then popped into Waitrose and I picked up the tulips for my room.

I had another quiet day on Friday, but it was quite productive which is always good. In the morning my sister-in-law to be’s sister came over and we did some serious Hen Do planning. I think we made a lot of progress and things are starting to feel much more sorted. I’m getting really excited about it now – I just hope it all comes together and the bride-to-be likes it! In the photo is the Facebook group I’ve set up for everyone invited (apart from the Hen – it’s a surprise!) with a cute picture of some hens at the top. I then rested for a while, before spending the afternoon watching YouTube videos and doing my final piece of work for Uni. I can’t believe I’ve basically finished my first year now!

Yesterday was another quiet Saturday, but this week I actually enjoyed the peace. I had planned to film some videos for my YouTube in the morning, but when I woke up I just didn’t feel like being in front of the camera, so instead I spent the morning editing all the photos I had taken for blog posts. In the afternoon I found that The Princess and the Frog was on TV, so I curled up in the lounge watching that, and wrote some letters to my penpals. The weather was really horrible, but after being stuck inside all day I really wanted to get out of the house, so decided to pop down to Waitrose with my Mum. I’d gone with her the day before and they had loads of these cute Easter mugs on the shelves, but yesterday they only had one left! I’d said how much I liked it the day before, so my Mum popped it in her basket and gave it to me, which was really sweet of her. When we got back I popped over the road to give my friend, Sarah, her Easter present, as she was at her parents’ for the day.

If you haven’t read my blog before, I just wanted to let you know that I have a second blog, which mainly focuses on my health in more depth than I talk about it here. It’s largely for friends and family to follow and keep up with what’s going on, but if it’s something you would be interested in reading as well, you are more than welcome to follow me over there. I’ve actually changed the name from Unicorns and Floral Crowns to ‘Zebra Crossing’ and you can find it by clicking here. I’m trying to keep it updated fairly regularly, so hopefully there will be something there for you to read! I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment