Sunday, 20 March 2016

Sunday Snippets - 20th March 2016

I’ve finally reached the end of term! I have one more assignment to submit after Easter, but apart from that I’ve officially done everything I need to for my first year of University. How crazy is that?! It’s been a fairly busy week and I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my fatigue levels, but I’m hoping I can chill out a bit now and pace myself a little better. I’m also really looking forward to having more time to spend on my blog and YouTube channel. Perhaps now I can put more of my ideas into practise and start doing more blog posts and videos. I’ve got my eye on a new vlogging camera, which I’m hoping to purchase soon, so keep your eyes peeled for some vlogs! Not that my life is particularly interesting, but I think it’s a nice way to remember things and maybe watch them back at a later date.

Last Sunday was fairly standard, a lazy day not doing much at all. I spent the morning working on my blog and relaxing a bit, which is always nice! In the afternoon I worked pretty much solidly until the early evening on my essay for university. Thankfully I managed to almost finish it, which was a massive weight off my shoulders. We had a family meal in the evening and when we’d finished eating, Freddie decided to join us. I snapped this picture of him gazing at the patterns on the ceiling made by the reflections of our cutlery, and he looked so cute!

Monday was my ‘baby’ sister, Bekkah’s, 17th birthday…where on earth does the time go?! I had a fairly quiet morning not really doing an awful lot. My Dad then drove me over to Uni, picking my brother up on the way. I submitted my portfolio and then managed to get stuck halfway up the stairs in the disabled lift, which decided to break down, so that was a little embarrassing! When I finally got out, I waited for my mentor for a while, but she got held up so we just headed home. Bekkah opened her cards and presents with us, and then she headed off to Gravity Force with my other sister and her friend. I proofread and submitted my essay online, then did a few jobs on my computer that I’d needed to do for a while.

Tuesday was quite a manic day, but I was able to get some things done that needed doing. It started with an appointment with my Pain Consultant. He told me to increase my Pregabalin, which I’m anxious about doing because it seems to be causing me to gain weight. He also doesn’t think the injections will help me so has taken me off the waiting list, which sucks a bit as I was really pinning my hopes on them giving me some relief. On the way home, my Mum and I popped into Homesense to find a couple of pretty storage boxes. They have so much to choose from in that shop – I could spend hours there! I slept for a couple of hours when we got home, which wasn’t planned but I obviously needed it. My Mum and I then popped to Tesco and also had a quick look at the make-up in Marks and Spencer. I treated myself to a couple of the new Rosie Huntingdon Whitley products, which are so pretty. I’m hoping to do a proper blog post about them soon.

My Wednesday didn’t really start off as I’d planned it to – I slept through my alarms (I set quite a few!) and didn’t wake up until around 11am – oops! I think it was partly down to overdoing it on Tuesday, and I felt pretty unwell all day so just tried to take it slowly. I managed to get a video edited and uploaded to my YouTube channel, which you can find here, but it left me with a bad headache. I spent the afternoon filling this beautiful box (from Homesense) with goodies for one of my closest friends, who recently told me she’s pregnant. It is meant to be a sort of pregnancy survival kit, so I hope everything in it will prove useful to her! I’ve taken photos on my DSLR of everything inside, so might pop a blog post up about it if it’s something you’d be interested in seeing? I also sorted out some paperwork that’s been sitting waiting to be done for ages, so that felt good to tick it off my to-do list.

Thursday was quite a stressful day and it left me completely drained. It was my full day at Uni and because it was the end of term and we only have one more session after Easter, there was a lot to get done. I spent the morning writing a news story about the national biscuit shortage, which was interesting! At lunch, to celebrate reaching the end of term, I went to Maison Blanc with a few of the girls on my course. I treated myself to this cute bunny cupcake, which was vanilla flavour with white chocolate ears, and a berry smoothie. I spent the afternoon working solidly on getting the fashion spread for our newspaper nearly finished. I felt pretty awful by the time I got home, but looking back I achieved an awful lot and need to remind myself of that.

I was feeling pretty wiped out on Friday after my busy day on Thursday, but thankfully I was able to have a bit of a lie-in. In the morning I went out with my Dad to take photos of disabled access around my town, as I’m writing an article for our local magazine. It was fun but absolutely freezing! Where is Spring?! I then ended up falling asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours, which was not what I had planned as I’ve got so many other things to do! I managed to get a bit of work done in the afternoon, then my lovely friend Charlie and her little girl, Izzi, popped round to see me with all these amazing gifts! I was so surprised and touched – a few of my friends had got together and put all these pampering bits together to remind me how much they care about me. I’m so lucky to have such kind and caring people around me!

Yesterday was a quiet day, which left me feeling a bit flat to be honest. I spent the morning editing photos whilst watching Family Guy (a guilty pleasure!). I also had help from Freddie, who wanted to sit on my knee and cuddle, so I didn’t get an awful lot done! But him and Alfie really helped to keep my spirits up throughout the day. In the afternoon I wrote some of the article about disabled access that I’m doing, and then popped out to the newsagent with my Mum so I could pick up a few Easter cards.

If you haven’t read my blog before, I just wanted to let you know that I have a second blog, which mainly focuses on my health in more depth than I talk about it here. It’s largely for friends and family to follow and keep up with what’s going on, but if it’s something you would be interested in reading as well, you are more than welcome to follow me over there. I’ve actually changed the name from Unicorns and Floral Crowns to ‘Zebra Crossing’ and you can find it by clicking here. I’m trying to keep it updated fairly regularly, so hopefully there will be something there for you to read! I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment