Sunday, 13 March 2016

Sunday Snippets - 13th March 2016

I am fast approaching the end of term (Yay!!) but that means that there’s lots of work that needs to be done. I’ve got two deadlines next week – my portfolio has to be submitted by Monday and my essay is due on Friday, so I’ve been putting every spare minute into getting those written. I can happily say that my portfolio is done, but unfortunately I still need to write my essay. I’m hoping I can make a good start on it this afternoon and ideally I would like to get it finished by tomorrow evening, but that might be a bit optimistic. Apart from having lots of work, it’s actually been quite a nice week, without too many medical things, which makes a change!

My Mum and I

Last Sunday was Mother’s Day, which was both happy and sad in equal measures. It was our first Mother’s Day without my lovely Gran, which was pretty difficult. But my Mum wrote a pretty little card and we bought some beautiful pink and white carnations, which we put next to a photo of my Gran and Grandad – it was a nice way to remember her. In the morning I went to church with my Mum and Dad, which was nice but I found it a bit overwhelming, as there were so many people there. All the ladies received a bunch of daffodils though, which really made me smile, as they always make me feel like spring is here. I came home, changed into a different outfit and did my make-up, as I needed some more photos taking for my Uni project (and blog). My Dad kindly offered to take some photos for me, and I was really happy with how they turned out. It was absolutely freezing though, so I just had to try and imagine that it was a warm spring day! I then spent a few hours editing the photos and doing some blogging. In the evening we had a family dinner with my Grandma, and my brother and his fiancĂ© came over too. I gave my Mum a gorgeous blue scarf from Joules, alongside some flowers, which I think went down well.

My University planner

On Monday I had a lovely chilled out morning, which started with a bit of a lie-in (always a bonus!) I did some tidying in my room, then had a very relaxing reflexology session. I must admit, before I started having reflexology I was quite sceptical about the whole thing, but now I’m definitely converted! It’s one of the few times I am completely able to relax, and it seems to help my anxiety a bit too. I always cover myself with a cosy blanket for my sessions, as when you’re relaxed your body temperature drops. After my therapist had gone, I decided to snuggle up under my blanket for half an hour in the recliner chair next to our French doors. The sun was shining and I just felt really relaxed (until a little dog bounded over and jumped on me!) I spent the afternoon working on my Uni portfolio, and actually managed to make quite a bit of progress. I also finished editing my video and got that uploaded to YouTube. If you fancy giving it a watch, it’s a collective haul (including Primark, Gap and Paperchase) and you can find by clicking here.

Veronica Dearly print
Tuesday was another fairly quiet day, which was nice although I’m finding it hard to relax at the moment (unless I’m having reflexology or a massage!) I didn’t do much in the morning – took some photos for my blog and did some bits and bobs around the house. My Mum and I then went round to my friend’s for some pampering. I did some Uni work while my Mum had her nails done. Then I had my eyebrows done and had a full body massage. I seriously wish I could have a massage every day – it seems to help the pain I’m getting in my neck a little, but I wish that relief lasted a bit longer. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing work, but all I really felt like doing was sleeping. This print from Veronica Dearly definitely summed up how I was feeling!

On Wednesday I had a pretty quiet morning doing some tidying in my bedroom. It seems that as fast as I tidy it gets messier! I’m hoping when I finish Uni for Easter I can really crack on with getting my room just how I want it. My bereavement counsellor then came to see me and we had a long chat about my Gran and my Grandad, which was helpful. I had planned to get straight on with some work, but ended up falling asleep and didn’t wake up until mid-afternoon, so that plan was out of the window! I did get the work done that I needed to though, so that was good. I also finally got a date through for my operation, for the end of March. If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you may remember that I was meant to have an operation last August, but ended up having a seizure so they couldn’t do it. It’s been a long wait, and part of me feels happy to finally have a date, but I’m also feeling really anxious about having another general anaesthetic (I don’t seem to react well to them) and also what will happen afterwards with regard to my catheter.

Thursday was incredibly busy – I woke up feeling pretty rubbish, but pushed myself to go into Uni because we’ve got deadlines so close and lots of work to do. We’re making a newspaper in our Thursday sessions and are working as a whole group, so I didn’t want to let the rest of the group down either. We just spent the day working on the newspaper, which is starting to get a bit stressful. At lunch I went to Starbucks with a few friends, which gave us a much-needed break. They’re doing a new Honey Blossom macchiato, but although I love coffee, it can make me feel quite unwell, so I asked for some honey on a coconut milk hot chocolate and it was delicious! In the afternoon we started trying to put together our words and images into a newspaper layout. I’m doing a fashion spread with one of the other girls, which means it’s got a lot of images, and it’s a lot harder than we imagined trying to arrange them in a way that looks appealing. Although it was fun working together on the newspaper, I was so glad to get home and rest.

On Friday I woke up a lot later than I planned, so getting ready was slightly manic! I also must have slept badly on my neck, as it was really painful and I couldn’t turn or tilt my head to the right. My Dad took me over to Uni and I met up with my mentor. We chatted through what work I still have left to do and the order I should do it in, which was really helpful and made me feel a little more organised. I then had a lecture, and was given a bit more feedback on my essay plan, which I’m hoping will be useful. We finished a bit early, which was a blessing as the pain was making it incredibly difficult to concentrate. When I got home I just curled up on the sofa and opened my March Glitterati box from Crown and Glory. How cute are the fox ears?!

Yesterday was incredibly boring, so there’s not a huge amount for me to say about it. I had a nice lie-in, although I woke up with absolutely no clue about what day it was, which sent me into a panic as I was convinced I was late for something! I spent the morning just relaxing and playing with the dogs (i.e. procrastinating and finding every excuse possible not to do my work!) However, I did manage to finally get my portfolio finished, printed and ready to submit on Monday, so that was a massive weight off my shoulders. I then started working on my essay, doing a bit of last minute planning using the feedback I was given. I did pop out to Waitrose with my Mum to look at muesli, as this new diet I’m meant to be on says I can eat raw oats. I managed to find one to try, but the majority of them contain added sugar, wheat etc, so I’m thinking of making my own instead. I also opened this month’s My Little Box, which is such a pretty design! I will try and do a blog post on this box and my Glitterati box as soon as I can, so you can get a better idea what’s inside.

If you haven’t read my blog before, I just wanted to let you know that I have a second blog, which mainly focuses on my health in more depth than I talk about it here. It’s largely for friends and family to follow and keep up with what’s going on, but if it’s something you would be interested in reading as well, you are more than welcome to follow me over there. I’ve actually changed the name from Unicorns and Floral Crowns to ‘Zebra Crossing’ and you can find it by clicking here. I’ve also finally managed to update it, so there’s actually something for you to read now! And I’m hoping to keep updating it more regularly from now on. I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment