Sunday, 14 February 2016

Sunday Snippets - 14th February 2016

It’s been a fairly busy week, which has been a bit of a struggle with my health playing up, but I’ve managed to schedule in some rest periods as well. I really need to get my head around pacing a bit better, as it’s something I’ve never been very good at, but there’s just so much I want to do that I end up trying to squeeze it all in and then crashing out! I guess it’s just finding things that fit in with my life and the things I want to do, to make them as easy for my body as possible.

Last Sunday was a very chilled out day, which I desperately needed after a hectic week. In the morning I decided to sit on my bed to take some photos of products for blog posts, as the light is quite good there. I set everything up and started snapping. About an hour later I opened my eyes to find I’d fallen asleep on my pillow with my camera still in my hand – oops! I spent the rest of the day trying to do some blogging and photo editing. Various family members also popped in throughout the afternoon, so I chatted to them a bit. I took this photo of Alfie in the evening – everyone had either gone out or gone upstairs, and he decided to settle down at the bottom of the stairs and wait for someone to come back down!

On Monday morning I had to go into Uni for a couple of hours to get some grades back from an assessment. I did fairly well, so was happy with that and understand what I need to do to improve. When I got home I wrote and published my blog post about the Festival Place Valentine’s Event and then filmed two YouTube videos. I’m excited to get those edited and up on my channel! These two books came in the post, which was nice. I’m looking forward to trying some recipes from the Deliciously Ella book, and I’ve wanted to read Me Before You for ages.

Tuesday was quite a relaxed day, which was nice for a change! In the morning my Mum took me over to my friend, Katy’s, house for a facial. It was so amazingly relaxing and I actually nodded off a few times, which I don’t normally do with spa treatments. I’ll definitely be having one again! I then came home and ended up falling asleep on the sofa. I’m really struggling with my fatigue levels at the moment – I’ve always found it one of the most difficult symptoms to deal with, as there really is nothing anyone can do to improve it. After resting for a while, my Dad took me to the hospital for an appointment with my physio. I had some more acupuncture, which seems to be helping the pain a bit in the places he’s putting the needles (my lower back and neck). In the evening I needed to wash my hair, so decided to use some of my Rose Jam shower gel, which smells amazing!

Wednesday was a completely free day, which was absolute bliss! I was meant to be having some more training with my DSA equipment, but the lady text me in the morning to say she wasn’t well. I tried to do some tidying and sorting in my bedroom, but didn’t get very far as I kept falling asleep and just couldn’t motivate myself. The afternoon went a bit better, as I managed to get some Uni work done and wrote a few letters to penpals, whilst catching up on Death in Paradise. This month’s My Little Box arrived in the post, which is always exciting to see what’s inside.

On Thursday I had Uni all day – it was pretty manic for a while, as we were getting ready for our news broadcast. We spent the morning getting everything sorted, edited and tying up loose ends. Then in the afternoon we went ‘live’ with our television news programme, which was so much fun. It went really well and looked pretty professional (although I know I’m biased!) We then had tea and cake, watched it back and had a debrief. I was totally shattered by the end of the day but it felt good to have produced something we were all so happy with.

On Friday morning my friend, Helen, came over with my little Godson, Jack. It was so lovely to see them both and see how much Jack has changed since I last saw him. It really made my day. They stayed for just over an hour, and then Jack needed a nap so they headed off. I spent the rest of the morning sorting out a load of things that needed posting. In the afternoon I had a lecture at Uni, but wasn’t feeling too well and found it quite difficult to get through it. It was lovely to come home and crash out on the sofa. I also had a lovely surprise waiting for me – these gorgeous Accessorize gloves, which were a belated Christmas present from my friend, Lizzy.

Yesterday was nice, but incredibly difficult. I woke up not feeling brilliant, but had arranged to meet up with my friend, Becky, which I didn’t want to cancel. We went to a local place called ‘Watts Gallery,’ which I’d actually never heard of, so it was interesting to discover it! We went to the tearoom there first for some lunch, which I really tried with but was feeling more unwell by the minute. It was a shame, as the food was amazing and I wish I could have enjoyed it more. We then had a look around the gift shop, where I found a few cute cards, and the art gallery, but I was struggling to stay upright so spent a lot of time sitting down. In retrospect I should have taken my wheelchair, but even if I had I don’t think I could have propelled myself around. It was another reminder that I desperately need an electric wheelchair, so I’m going to have to push forward and get one I think. Despite this, it was lovely to catch up with Becky and we’re hoping to do a DVD day soon. When I got home, I curled up on the sofa and slept for the rest of the afternoon. My Dad ended up waking me up at about 6pm, so I decided to have a pamper in the bath, with a face and hair mask.

If you haven’t read my blog before, I just wanted to let you know that I have a second blog, which mainly focuses on my health in more depth than I talk about it here. It’s largely for friends and family to follow and keep up with what’s going on, but if it’s something you would be interested in reading as well, you are more than welcome to follow me over there. It’s called Unicorns and Floral Crowns and you can find it by clicking here. I haven’t updated it for a while, but I hope to get into a routine soon. I’m also trying to post on Snapchat a bit more, so if you fancy following me, my username is Jennycole44.

What have you been up to this week? I always enjoy hearing about your news and adventures!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment